Many thanks to the World Possible Team for this RACHEL Initiative, as we have just completed a 2 Week Trip with your RACHEL Capabilities, 1st 2 weeks of June-2018, in Timor-Leste, specifically in the Baucau Area, working with the Good Crocodile Foundation, as known as as FLD, which has very good relationships with local Communities and Schools. For more details about FLD, hit this link
For more details about our trip, watch this Video
In Summary, we finished this trip, with RACHEL deployed
- in 8 Schools, with 2 Monitors each
- in 2 Health Clinics
Also, very exciting was to see local FLD staff enabled and confident with this new RACHEL Initiative, and enabling School staff & students to work through and have fun with the RACHEL Content.
We also have to highlight, the strength of the Raspberry Pis, as a desktop computer with it’s abilities to
- Play Video & Audio with omxplayer
- Able to to create Docs, Spreadsheets and Presentations with LibrOffice
- Educational Content itself such as Mathematica and Wolfgram
- Used it to learn how to do python coding
- Play Computer Games
In terms of What’s Next with our RACHEL know-how discovery:
- If Languages such as Portugese-Brazil is installed for KA-Lite, can it sit alongside English on a 64GB MicroSD Card, or does it need a 128GB MicroSD Card - working through this …
- RACHEL-in-a-Box for lots of Schools. Do we need 2 tablets and a RACHEL-Pi, which is Simple to Set-Up, or do we need 2 Desktops which will need to be looked after.
We are looking forward to FLD feedback on how these deployments are going, and potentially considering further rollouts.